Monday, April 13, 2026

April 7th-13th 2026

Bougie Boonie Sisters

Shaylee Monson CHAPTER 40: Fort St. John (BC Canada)

WEATHER: 
(I would love everyone to pray this week that the snow will stop coming- please and thank you) 

LIFE UPDATE: 
What up y'all! I thought I would give everyone a life update. Right now im serving in a different province which means different time zone as well! Im pretty much in the middle of nowhere. For my family peeps its giving Montpelier Idaho vibes except a bit smaller and we ain't getting a temple any time soon. 
We had elders previously in this area and it just recently got washed with sisters right before I came so it's been fun trying to figure everything out!
Im actually in the middle of nowhere. Im the furthest away a sister can go in my mission so umm that's fun.
No malls 
No other missionaries 
No in person meetings 
No people on the streets 
Haha ya definitely a lot different from my last area but it will be fun and exciting!  
Everyone laughed when they found out i was in the boonies! They said i was way to bougie for it... so then I nicknamed my trio the bougie boonie sisters. 


HIGHLIGHTS: 
♡ Went Canadian bowling and bowled a 159
♡ Got to hang out with Sis. Clark and Sis. Ballard 
♡ Taught a fire seminary lesson  (we teach once a week)
♡ Ate the best fish and chips ever 
♡ Road trip to GP with bishop (basically slept the whole way) -for stake Conference 
♡ Found a dirty soda shop!!! (Haha they don't even have those in the city) 
♡ Completely ripped apart and cleaned our apartment 
♡ Sung karaoke +10 times 
♡ Have so many Filipino families who love to feed us and make us sing and dance 

SPIRITUAL THOUGHT: 
One of my favorite talks of conference 
Come unto Christ—Together
By Elder Taniela B. Wakolo
Go give it a listen! 

I love and miss you all! 
Sis. Monson










 

No comments: